We’ve all had to adapt to many unexpected changes this year, but one thing Ardene remains dedicated to is our commitment to doing better for our planet. We are proud to say that our latest eco-conscious drop is bigger than ever, and our designers continue to work hard to increase our assortment of sustainable items in every collection. We have also progressed in our sustainability journey with new partnerships, reduced packaging and continued head office initiatives to help shape a better world.
Our Sustainability Update
We’ve been doing good since 1982, but we have even more sustainability goals than ever before in order to stay accountable for our carbon footprint. With partners like Climate Smart, Sustainable Apparel Coalition and our newest partnership with the Textile Exchange, which is responsible for eco certification, we are on track to achieve our goal of reducing our carbon emissions by 30% by 2025.
Some of our highlights to date:
- Over 462 tons of plastic has been saved through our hanger re-use program in stores.
- By eliminating single-use plastics like cutlery, cups and water bottles at head office, we’ve reduced our usage by about 120,000 units a year.
- We installed 2 beehives in our garden this year, with 10,000 bees per hive as part of a hive partnership program with Miel MTL.
- We’ve reduced air freight and inter-store transfers resulting in fewer carbon emissions.
- Our famous surprise bags and large shopping bags are now made with 100% recycled plastic, and 80% of our ink is soy-based.
- Our tags now carry the FSC logo, which means we are meeting their high standards for responsible forestry practices.
Wear Your Greens
Just in time for back to school, our newest “better-for-the-planet” collection includes plenty of denim, as well as a selection of tops, backpacks and sneakers so our customers can “wear their greens”. In fact, of 18 denim styles, 10 of them are eco-conscious!
Coming soon we will be featuring smarter fabrics in new areas such as bodysuits, hoodies, pyjamas and lingerie: perfect for lounge weather.
Our recent launch of Ardene MAN also includes many eco-conscious choices. Almost the entire collection is made with smarter fabrics, including The Perfect Tee, which is made with eco-conscious REPREVE fibers, made from recycled water bottles.
We are proud of how far we’ve come on our sustainability journey and are excited about continuing to source better fabrics and develop better practices to progress even further. Our journey is far from over, and we can’t wait to share even more great news.